Here is the letter in full:
They knew it was fake the whole time.
- I don’t know how they gained access to the Russian intelligence. Was it due to sharing? That’s doubtful. Was it due to our own spying efforts?
- How did the Russians obtain such information about Hillary Clinton? Did they have someone embedded in her campaign? Was Hillary actively coordinating with the Russians?
- More likely, it was because the Russians simply had access to all her emails. You know, because she kept them on a janky-ass unprotected server in her basement. Every foreign intelligence agency on the planet probably had access to her emails.
- So the Clinton campaign started the Trump Russia smear to distract from the fact that Hillary was carelessly mishandling classified intelligence.
- As the letter says, it’s unclear whether the Russian report was actually accurate. It may have been, as the letter says, “an exaggeration or fabrication.”
- However, the CIA took it seriously enough to brief the President on it. So take that for what you will.
- Everyone mentioned in this letter–Obama, Brennan, Comey, Strozk–knew that the Trump Russia thing was a hoax the whole time, and they still treated it like it was a real story.
- Instead of going after Clinton for her attempt to Spread Misinformation about Trump, the Obama administration actively participated in the effort.
That’s the bottom line here: instead of putting the kibosh on Hillary’s evil scheme, the Obama people decided to help them with it.