I originally entitled this post “thoughts on the debate” or something like that, but then I realized most of it was about how awful Chris Wallace was literally from start to finish.
Here’s my main takeaways from the debates, most of them are about how blatantly biased Chris Wallace was:
- Why was Biden not called out for perpetrating the Russia hoax?
- Why was Biden not corrected on repeating the “Trump called the troops losers and suckers” hoax?
- Why was Biden not corrected on repeating the “fine people” Charlottesville hoax?
- Why was Biden not forced to say whether he would pack the Supreme Court or not?
- Why did Chris Wallace refer to Critical race theory indoctrination as simply “racial sensitivity training”? He framed the question as if Trump was a racist. He was playing defense for critical race theory by calling it simply “racial sensitivity training.” At least admit there’s debate on the matter. Wallace took the left’s position by default.
- Why did Wallace want to talk about climate change and pose gotcha questions for Trump? Most Americans give zero f*cks about “climate change” but Chris Wallace felt the need to demand whether Trump “believed” in it. And Wallace, once again, based his question on a partisan Democrat assumption: that the wildfires in California were 100% caused by “climate change”.
- Biden tried to duck the question of why he has not called the mayor of Portland and tell him to stop the riots. At one point when Trump told him he was controlled by the radical left, Biden said “I am the Democratic Party.” But then when Wallace asked him if he had ever used his purported primacy in the Democratic Party to perhaps urge the Democratic mayor of Portland to get his city under control and to stop the 100+ days of rioting and chaos taking place there, Biden said no he hadn’t, because he’s a private citizen and not an elected official. What an absolute cop-out. Biden has the power to stop the rioting but he simply will not do it. That might actually be a crime, in spirit if not in letter.
- Why didn’t Wallace bring up the Hunter Biden payments from Russia at all? Why did Trump have to bring this up repeatedly while Wallace either ignored the matter or shouted at him to stop talking? Wallace clearly didn’t want to talk about Hunter Biden at all.
- Why was Biden allowed to talk about how he’s gonna bring back businesses but wasn’t called out on demanding ANOTHER lockdown?
- Why didn’t Wallace mention the fact that the lockdowns and the subsequent economic collapse directly because of the lockdowns were the doings of the blue state governors?
- Why was Biden able to get away with blaming Trump for the economy and all the jobs lost when everyone knows the collapse was because of the virus and the Democrat lockdowns? The US economy did not crash, it was purposely destroyed.
- Why was Trump forced to condemn WHITE SUPREMACISTS while Biden wasn’t asked to condemn Antifa and BLM? We are constantly told that WHITE SUPREMACISTS are everywhere, but it’s Antifa and BLM that are doing all the rioting and looting.
- Why was there an equivalence made regarding the propensity for rioting and violence from both sides? At the end Wallace made both candidates promise they would tell their supporters not to riot if the election didn’t go their way, but when has there ever been any Trump supporters rioting? We know the chaos and violence all comes from the Biden side. Why was Trump asked to tell his supporters not to riot? His supporters haven’t been the ones rioting. It’s not a “both sides are equally guilty” matter. One side is clearly the guilty party. But not in Wallace’s eyes. He had to muddy the waters and group Trump and his supporters in with Biden’s marauding stormtroopers.
- All the pundits pooh-poohing the fact that the debate was nasty and combative: just shut up. We have no place for pussies like you. These people think they’re so moral and pure by condemning “both sides”. Just shut up. We can handle two grown men arguing. “Ugh, all this nasty name calling and yelling, I just couldn’t stomach it.” Just stop it. Nobody thinks you’re morally superior because You Were Disgusted By The Debate.
- Trump forced Joe to denounce the Green New Deal. Big win.
- Biden was just so low energy. He’s clearly not the man he once was. Biden back in 2012 was pretty high energy. But now he’s a frail old man. I found myself losing interest when he started talking. Probably part of that was that he didn’t say much of substance, but he was just so low energy. That was my biggest takeaway with him.
- If the bar for Biden was “don’t look like you have dementia” then I guess he cleared it, but so many of his answers were clearly scripted and it seemed like he had the questions in advance. There were so many lines he had there clearly concocted beforehand.
- And Wallace continually let Biden off the hook, rarely if ever forced him to go off-script and improvise where he could have potentially said something really stupid or embarrassing. So of course Biden is going to appear competent.
- Biden called Trump a clown, a liar and a racist and was allowed to get away with it.
- Why was he allowed to call Trump a racist? Because Chris Wallace is a liberal and he believes it too. But there’s a lot of us out there that don’t believe that at all. Why did Wallace just begin from the assumption that Trump was racist, as if everyone agrees that he is?
- Why was Biden allowed to tell Trump to shutup? And after Trump pressed him on whether or not he’d pack the courts, no less! Wallace just let it happen.
- Who “discredited” the Hunter Biden payments from Russia, as well as the Ukrainian oil company Burisma? Joe kept saying it was “discredited” anytime Trump brought it up. It wasn’t “discredited.” Why was Biden not asked to clarify this?
- Why was Joe Biden not asked about defunding the police?
- Why wasn’t Biden asked about when he said, “If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or for Trump, then you ain’t black!” Shouldn’t he at least be asked to clarify what he meant by this remark?
- Biden literally said Antifa was an “idea, not an organization.” This was a flagrant and provable lie, yet Wallace did not push back at all on this.
- Wallace: “Mr. President, if you believe man has an impact on the climate, then why did you reverse Obama’s climate policies?” As if Obama is this unassailable God-like figure whose policies were all perfect in every way. What if Obama’s “climate policies” were actually terrible for the economy and little more than crony capitalist handouts? Chris Wallace simply assumed Obama’s “climate policies” were basically magic.
- When libs talk about SCIENCE!!!!! all they’re really talking about is climate change, which itself is their religion. Chris Wallace wanted to talk about SCIENCE!!! but didn’t want to ask Biden if believed that life begins at conception, or how many genders there are.
- Everything Wallace asked Trump was from the perspective of the Blue Check Twitter left. Wallace was deeply concerned about Trump’s tax returns even though they’re both irrelevant and have already been discussed in the 2016 election. He kept asking Trump how much he paid in taxes in 2016, and Trump immediately answered “$38 million.” But that wasn’t the end of it. Because Wallace wanted to impress his Cool Friends At The New York Times, he asked the question again. Yet of course, there was no mention of Hunter Biden getting millions from both Russia and Ukraine. Because Wallace and his liberal “Journalist” friends only care about foreign money when it comes to Trump.
- Bongino on Hannity last night was 100% right when he said this was a base election. Trump fired up his base and made Biden betray his. That was the strategy last night and Trump succeeded. There was nothing that Trump did or said in that debate that made his supporters jump ship, in fact they probably like him even more. Biden, though, had to back off of a lot of radical leftwing agenda items and probably pissed off people in his base.
- However, the one thing above all that motivates Biden’s base is hatred of Trump, so I don’t know how many radical lefties in Biden’s base will actually stay home because of what he said about the Green New Deal and other radical left agenda items.
I was going out of my head with Chris Wallace declaring the urgent “NEED TO MOVE ON” every single time Trump was effectively attacking Biden.
We NEED TO MOVE ON from every single issue that Republicans find interesting, in order to discuss the issues that Democrats — such as red diaper baby Chris Wallace — find interesting.
No, we can’t talk about Hunter Biden’s receipt of three and a half million dollars from the richest woman in Russia, the ex-wife of a former mayor of Moscow.
Even though the media — including leftwinger Chris Wallace — considered RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE the only story that mattered for three and a half of the last four years, now that we’ve got Hunter Biden taking millions of Russian money, we NEED TO MOVE ON.
Another great point from Ace regarding the critical race theory/”racial sensitivity training” conflation:
One of the worst moments of the night was Chris Wallace pretending as if he doesn’t know what Critical Race Theory is and trying to needle Trump for opposing it.
I believe Chris Wallace does know what Critical Race Theory is. He just supports it, and therefore wants to do the Motte and Bailey defense of it:
The motte-and-bailey fallacy (named after the motte-and-bailey castle) is a form of argument and an informal fallacy where an arguer conflates two positions which share similarities, one modest and easy to defend (the “motte”) and one much more controversial (the “bailey”). The arguer advances the controversial position, but when challenged, they insist that they are only advancing the more modest position. Upon retreating to the motte, the arguer can claim that the bailey has not been refuted (because the critic refused to attack the motte) or that the critic is unreasonable (by equating an attack on the bailey with an attack on the motte).
This is such a common logical fallacy offered by leftists that they don’t even know it’s a fallacy– they just think it’s how people argue.
Critical Race Theory gets its foot in the door by saying, “What’s wrong with teaching people some sensitivity?”
And then, once they get hired by a corporation or a government, they have white people standing alone in front of a group being forced (on pain of being derailed in your career) to Confess Their White Sins.
It’s a literal Maoist struggle session.
Chris Wallace pretends he doesn’t know that — because he’s playing the Motte and Bailey game with CRT. It’s a thoroughly dishonest, and thoroughly leftist, tacitc.
And Chris Wallace — who reports FACTS, not OPINIONS! — is only too eager to deploy it.
And that’s because Chris Wallace agrees with this leftwing Maoist goal of endlessly denigrating white people and treating them as lower than second class citizens.
Chris Wallace, like all other left-liberals, thinks that white people should be discriminated against. Except themselves, of course. Interestingly, most of the very white people who support this shit are too rich to be negatively impacted by a reimposition of Jim Crow.
Ace is the best.
Here’s the big thing though: debates don’t really matter. They’re TV spectacles and little more. I remember basically one thing from the 2016 debates: Trump’s “Because you’d be in jail” line to Hillary. That’s it. I don’t remember who won or lost each debate. And I don’t think they swayed the election.
People are pretty much locked in by this point. The media perpetrates this myth that lots of Americans wait until the debates to make up their minds, but this is only to boost the public’s perception that the debates are Super Important, and thereby boost viewership. They’re not. People who “haven’t made up their minds” at this point probably aren’t even watching the debates.
I think Trump energized his supporters, and probably some of Biden’s too because they hate him so much. Biden himself didn’t energize anybody because he has no energy. I don’t think Trump did as well as he could’ve, but he did fine.
Also, just as I was about to publish this post, I saw this:
Now, they’re saying that as streaming and online watchers are added to the total, it will obviously increase in the coming few days. But it will still be nowhere close to the numbers for 2016’s first debate.
I really think it has a lot to do with the fact that Biden is highly unappealing and people are just uninterested in him and his campaign. The Twitter Left is as rabid as ever, but I don’t think the country feels the same.