This is not made up:
Let’s take a look at the article itself:
Meta Platforms (FB.O) will allow Facebook and Instagram users in some countries to call for violence against Russians and Russian soldiers in the context of the Ukraine invasion, according to internal emails seen by Reuters on Thursday, in a temporary change to its hate speech policy.
The social media company is also temporarily allowing some posts that call for death to Russian President Vladimir Putin or Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko in countries including Russia, Ukraine and Poland, according to a series of internal emails to its content moderators.
These calls for the leaders’ deaths will be allowed unless they contain other targets or have two indicators of credibility, such as the location or method, one email said, in a recent change to the company’s rules on violence and incitement.
The emails said calls for violence against Russians are allowed when the post is clearly talking about the invasion of Ukraine. They said the calls for violence against Russian soldiers were allowed because this was being used as a proxy for the Russian military, and said it would not apply to prisoners of war.
Meta did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
The temporary policy changes apply to Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Russia and Ukraine.
So it’s actually even worse than the headline indicates, actually.
This is fucked up on so many different levels I don’t even know where to begin, honestly.
- If you are still under the illusion that we are the Good Guys, hopefully this will serve as a reality check. We are not at war with Russia. Ukraine is not even a NATO member. And yet the ruling regime in America is actively encouraging bloodlust and calls for violence against Russians, because the Russian government had the audacity to pursue a national interest that runs counter to the wishes of the US government.
- This is active promotion of not only war, but genocide. Golly, it’s a total mystery how a guy like Hitler could ever come to power and carry out the atrocities he did!
- We’re all about tolerance and diversity and globalism and kumbaya–until someone runs afoul of our government. Then we flip the switch and become full-blown genocidal.
- Seriously, how long until they decide that it’s okay to call for the death of subsets of the American population that run afoul of the ruling regime? We have no idea what the US government will do as it becomes increasingly desperate to maintain its grip on global hegemony. How long until Big Tech gives the go-ahead to call for the death of the unvaccinated, or for Americans who don’t sufficiently “support Ukraine”? Or for Americans who are deemed “racist”? They’ve already crossed the line here in determining that Russians are sub-human creatures who must be annihilated, and it’s because the Russian government has run afoul of the GAE. It’s not really that much of a stretch for them to turn their vitriol and bloodlust on segments of the American population that are also considered persona non grata. You remember the hysterical mob they whipped up in the summer of 2020–you really think they couldn’t convince all those people who looted and rioted and burned and smashed that it’s now time to round up and exterminate all the Racists and Anti-Vaxxers here in America?
- At the end of the day, the past two weeks have made one thing clear: when push comes to shove, every US corporation and media outlet is de facto state run. They’re all in complete lockstep with the government. The government announces it’s time to Sanction All The Things and financially excommunicate Russia, and all US corporations will happily oblige. There is no daylight between the interests of American corporations, the media and the government–they’re all just different limbs on the same body of the GAE. Hopefully you can see that now.
- China has its state-owned enterprises (SOEs) and we all know the corporations and the government are one and the same in China. But that’s also true in America as well.
- This also reminds me of how the British and Dutch East India Companies operated back in the day. They used to have their own private armies, and essentially were given carte blanche to do whatever they wanted so long as it was in the national interest. The East India companies were really the first major modern instances of the corporate sector, the military and the government all moving in lockstep to enrich and empower the elite class, as well as project global influence and power. Just think of America’s corporate sector as one gigantic East India Company. There is no private sector/public sector divide anymore, if there ever was one. It’s all the same.
The way the US regime is acting, you’d think Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is completely unprecedented in modern times. You just have to ignore all the countries the US has invaded and obliterated over the years–because c’mon, that’s different. We’re always justified when we invade a foreign country, even if it results in hundreds of thousands if not millions of deaths, and further millions of displaced people and refugees.
Now is it starting to make sense why Putin referred to America as the “Empire of Lies“?